- What was the biggest mistake he made in the role? How did he survive after that?
- Weakness - Where do you think he is more likely to fail? Why?
- Why should I not hire him? / Why should I hire him?
- If I were to hire him and six months from now you heard he was fired without other context, what would be your best guess as to to the reason?
- Is there anyone he didn’t see eye-to-eye with? Why?
- Are there instances when he didn't agree to the top management. Why?
Excellence & Resilience
- Strengths - Where do you think he is more likely to succeed and excel? Why?
- Where would he fit in the percentiles of the best folks you've worked with. Why?
- Would you hire him again?
- If so, would you rehire him without hesitation?
- Create a role for him if you didn’t have one?
- Only hire him in the right role?
- How would you change the role we’re considering him for to best suit his abilities?
- Did he have setbacks? What are they? How did he handle them?
- How hungry is he for results, for example, what is the craziest thing you’ve ever seen him do to achieve a goal?
- Examples where he made a huge impact to business
- Examples where he changed the course of business with his ideas and execution
- Examples of stiff architectural problems he solved
- If i were to ask his manager, reportee, peer - what would they say? Good vs Bad
- Reference to couple of folks he mentored. How are they doing? What did they learn from him?
- Examples where he showed great leadership. What was the situation? and how did he act?
- What was his leadership philosophy
- What are his passions in and out of work?
- Did you notice any area where he learnt and improved dramatically?